The recently established UK Institute for Migration Research based here at CCCU is offering 4 funded PhD scholarships on themes linked to migration.
Applications are invited for students to take part in the following projects:
- Asylum in the UK: Exploring new national data on asylum services.
- Migration and Local Governance: Place-based integration strategies in the UK.
- Life after trafficking: Short and long term outcomes for survivors of trafficking.
- Human Trafficking and Law Enforcement.
How to Apply
The initial application process is as follows:
- You should provide a completed application form.
- Moreover, you should provide a 500 word reflection covering the following:
- The title of the project for which you are applying.
- Why you are interested in the specific topic.
- What relevant experience and knowledge you have for the post &endash; you should directly reference the project description.
- How the post fits with your career aspirations over the medium to long term.
Please request your references to be sent to email@example.com.
Please note there is no need for your referees to provide hard copy.
International students are welcome to apply, subject to meeting UK visa requirements.
Further details on the funding for these scholarships can be found here:
Closing date: 20th February 2015.
Interviews will be held the week of 9th March 2015.
Informal inquiries can be made to the Institute’s Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed Applications should be sent to: email@example.com.
Full details here: http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/migration-research-phd